The Gift of Life

Well unless you have been living under a rock you would have heard of the the shootings at Virginia Tech in the US. As I watched the footage of surviving students talking to reporters all I could think of was the senselessness and the tragedy of these students dying at such a young age. At 18, their whole life was ahead of them.
 
Sometimes it takes a tragedy for people to take a step back and examine their lives. Its easy to get caught up in day to day matters and forget whats really important.

Family, friends, the community, the environment….. When I am on my deathbed I hope to have the satisfaction of knowing I have lived a life in which I loved my family and friends, served the community and cared for the environment.

Let us today remember that life is a precious gift. Tell your loved ones how you feel about them. Be an active member of your community. Don’t take the environment for granted. Live your life in such a way that when you get to the end of your days, you will have no regrets.

“The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.” - Harriet Beecher Stowe

By Peter Clemens


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

 
Blogger TemplateHao123 Pro © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Nguyễn Hữu Học
Top